Friday, August 8, 2008

Friday Afternoon

Another day. Another dollar. That's what they say. Who "they" are, I'm not too sure.

Unlike most of the American working population, I can't stand Friday. For me, "TGIF" has no meaning. Between meetings and phone calls, Friday is normally my busiest day of the week. Plus, Friday is usually a downer because I had the opportunity to relax on Thursday...although I'm not too sure if "relax" is the right word. If anything, Thursday means that I don't have to wear a shirt & tie and I can work half the day from my kitchen table. Although I am officially off on Thursdays, I spend the majority of the day working.

Notice all of the quotation marks in the top two paragraphs?

I make the comments above with yesterday not being a typical Thursday. I really did spend the majority of the day relaxing. Here's how my day went:

After taking Kelly to work, Johnny and I spent a couple of hours at the office. I had a few odds-and-ends that I had to get done, although I should have finished them on Wednesday. Afterwards, Johnny and I would head home to enjoy a quick movie. We watched The Empire Strikes Back for the 250th time.

After the movie, Johnny and I would enjoy lunch at Weaver's Tavern. Johnny had the Soup & Salad and I would have my norm (Hot Turkey Sandwich with Cheddar). The lunch, as usual, was excellent. I've been eating lunch at Weaver's for about seven years now. They make the best burger in town!

After lunch, we spent two hours at Banana's Fun Park playing video games. It's incredible how much money one can spend with a 6-year old kid. Take Socom 7...The game takes 3 quarters to start, with each continuation costing another $0.75. Between the two of us, that's a $1.50 just to play. Now I've been playing video games all of my life so I've become quite good over the years.

Listen:

Through 4 levels of Socom 7, I will spend a total $2.25 to win. With Johnny playing, our total bill to finish the game is upwards $10.00. Plus, with all of the other games that he chooses to play, a couple of hours at Banana's is a $40.00! The kid either needs to get better at video games or he needs to get a job to support his activities. Don't let me get started on Chucky Cheese (Where a Kid can be a Kid and suck their parents dry!).

After the video games, Johnny and I would spend yet another lazy afternoon at home watching yet another episode of Star Wars. This second time around we watched The Phantom Menace. I took a cat-nap on the couch while Johnny played alongside the movie, blasting invisible bad guys.

Kelly got off work at 5:00PM. After navigating through all of the construction in downtown, Kelly jumped into the car and we went to dinner. Red Robin normally hits the spot, but this time around, it just didn't do it for me. I always order the same thing...5-Alarm Burger with Fries. For the first time in 4 years, I left Red Robin unsatisfied. What the hell is wrong with me? Maybe I need to expand my meal-horizons....

I'm pretty predictable in my meal choices. Half of the time, when we go out to eat, I don't even have to order! The waitress already knows what I plan on eating. Here's my menu choices for our "regulars":

Dos Hombres - Dos Cheese Burger with Fries
Red Robin - 5-Alarm Burger
Fiesta Guadalajara - Pescado Derado
WW Peppers - Sirloin (Rare) with Baked Potato
Texas Roadhouse - Sirloin (Rare) with Baked Potato
Pufferbelly's - Biscuit Supreme
Crystal Cafe - Eggs Benedict
Weaver's Tavern - Hot Turkey Sandwich
Suihiro's - Sushi Boat, with Dragon Roll and Dynamite Shrimp
Chili's - Mushroom Swiss Burger

In most cases, by the time I arrive, the waiter/waitress has already placed my order, including drink. We frequent all of the above establishments on a regular basis. The waitstaff know us and we know them. Hell, at Fiesta Guadalajara, the owner comes out and sits with us! We really need to start eating at home more often.

Well, shit...Sissy Kelly just walked in so I'm going to chat with her.

Talk at ya' later.

No comments: