Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Another Day, Another Dollar

I received a wonderful photograph from my good friend, Mollie. This was taken on her way back to Louisiana. I find the photograph a little sad, although there seems to be a hint hope.

Well, today is Tuesday. I work by my lonesome on Tuesday. Gilmer takes the day off so I fly solo. I worked pretty hard to get ahead yesterday, so today should be smooth sailing. I have a pretty busy morning, with three conference calls but nothing much afterwards.

I received a few e-mails from Dad this week. He's giving Kelly and I his big horse out of the gallery. What a nice gift. The horse takes up a footprint of 12 square feet, so we've cleared quite a large space in our television room. I say "television room" when, if fact, there is no TV in the room. I have all of my old paintings hanging on the walls, a air hockey table, an elliptical trainer (aka dry cleaning holder), and my computer desk...that's all that occupies the room. Now a horse will have a new home.

I was pretty busy all day yesterday, so I never had the chance to write yesterday. We had a wonderful weekend. Johnny stayed the night with Grandpa and Grandma on Friday and Saturday night. Don't get me wrong...I love my son and enjoy my time spent with him. However, having two nights at home without the chatter and noise. He's pretty loud at times. Plus, Johnny has designated the kitchen as his basketball court. "Bounce, bounce, bounce" is all you hear from downstairs.

Kelly and I did manage to sneak away for a while to play some golf. She did quite well...for this only being her second time on the course. We won't mention her score on the front 9 (40+ over), but she did squeak out at 14 over on the back nine. I had a horrible game at 6 over!

Well, folks...back to work I go. Have a great day.

1 comment:

Mollie Corbett Photography said...

This picture of you, I can almost hear the "harumph!" that preceding its taking. Good work, Womp.

Kelly has the most pleasant, natural countenance. I am a giant red splotch with no makeup. Good skin, that girl...

Glad you guys got some time off together. Charlie and I need to do better with that.