Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wednesday Morning Coffee

Well, it was another relaxing morning with the family. Kelly left the house this morning at 5:26AM for her morning walk with Daisy. Parker and I stayed home to enjoy the morning breeze. Although the weather has been reaching the 100 degree mark, the mornings are quite nice (about 65 degrees). Kelly's walk was 4 minutes fast this morning...normally right at 30 minutes for 2 miles. Today she was back in exactly 26 minutes.

With coffee poured, Kelly and I were able to enjoy about 15 minutes of "our time" when Johnny decided to get out of bed. He normally gets out of bed at 6:45AM, but for the last two days he's been up by 6:15AM. He claims that he's been up since 4:00AM, but I know that's not true. I let the dogs out at 4:07AM every morning. Now that Parker is part of the family, I've made a habit of checking the house for poop and pee after I let him out. That includes Johnny's room (he's sound asleep).

Anyway...Johnny made his way outside this morning at 6:15AM and enjoyed the morning with us. He has his own lawn chair so he can sit with Mommy and I. Kelly and I invited Johnny in on our conversation this morning and really enjoyed ourselves. We talked about birds, the earth's atmosphere, and watched Daisy and Parker eat their morning snacks.

I would have to call the morning short at 6:45AM to jump in the shower and do my morning ironing. I have a ritual I follow every morning and ironing my dress shirt is my favorite part of it. I find it therapeutic.

Johnny and I left the house at 7:44AM for Summer Camp. Today is his last day. He's pretty glad that it's over with. Summer Camp has been a bust. Johnny's been bored to death all summer. Since school doesn't start until August 18, he will spend the next two weeks with Grandma on Tuesday and Wednesday. That's just fine by him. Grandma and Johnny get along pretty good. They have a lot of fun together, watching movies and playing Pokemon. They occasionally sword fight, but with Grandma's surgery on her wrists, I'm not too sure if there will be much of that going on.

Have a nice day.

No comments: