Thursday, July 10, 2008

Samantha's off to Idaho

My oldest friend, Samantha J. Miller, has just accepted a position at the University of Idaho. She will be teaching Costume Design at the School of Theatre and Film. She's very talented. Samantha is one of the few people I went to college with that actually uses her degree. Shannon Zura being another. Look at me...seven years of college and I sit on a computer all day. What a waste of a perfectly good white boy.

The photograph to the right is of Samantha while she was still working at Syracuse University. Until March of 2007, I would have gone eleven years without seeing her. Although there was an eleven year lapse in seeing each other, it was as though it had only been a week! We hadn't skipped a beat.


Samantha's horrible about writing or calling, but I don't wish her any ill will. She's a busy gal. Hell, I speak to her mother more than her. I miss her a tremendous amount. Over the years, our lives have taken two completely different paths. This was the woman I was going to marry at one time.


Two crazy kids in college. We were so different back then.

No comments: