Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Morning Coffee

Man, I love a hot cup of coffee. It always seems to start my day off right. And, to top things off, today is Wednesday. It's my favorite day of the week. Not only is it mark of the mid-week, but it also means that my General Manager is off. Don't get me wrong, Mark's a great guy and wonderful boss, but my day goes smoother when he's out of the office. I meet with him at least twice a day and when he's not here, I can hole myself up in my office and work!

Mark has a pretty amazing background. He graduated from Mesa State College and was immediately drafted into the NFL. He's played for the Buffalo Bills under Jim Kelly and the Denver Broncos under John Elway. After leaving the NFL, he would create a company that would later be re-named Bresnan Communications. After loafing for about five years, he did what every ex-NFL player would do...go into the car business. Although he is the General Manager at this dealership, he is also part-owner and holds a major stake in General Motors. I used to think that Mark was a typical GM that spent most of the time on the phone, but I'll tell you what, he knows the ins-and-outs of the car business. Pretty amazing dude.

If it weren't for Mark, I wouldn't be working here. He's really the only reason I still work here. Not only is he my General Manager, but he's also my friend. He truly cares about my success in this business and cares about my family's. Mark's one of the few people in the world that actually has my home phone number!

Anyway...my schedule today is pretty light. I have two meetings to attend later in the day, with a couple of conference calls. Other than that, not a whole lot more. I busted ass yesterday to get ahead and it paid off. I spent the majority of the afternoon re-designing our web-site and resetting inventory. Take a look: http://www.gmcertified.com/. Looks pretty good, eh?

Cobalt Systems powers my web-site and they went through a major overhaul last month, so the last six month's worth of work was all wasted! I had to start from scratch. What a pain in the ass.

Well, hell...I have a conference call in 13 minutes so I better bring this to an end. Have a great day.

No comments: