Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wednesday Morning

Well, it's another long day in the office. I've managed to spend the last hour on the phone with my Cars.com rep. What a great gal. Her name is Danielle Constanada. We normally talk on the phone at least once a week. She's an art enthusiast and lives only three blocks from the Chicago Art Institute. Although we discuss business, half of the time we talk about art.

As you can see, I have a full day ahead of me. My calender shows 26 phone calls, 2 conference calls and I have 2 staff meetings to attend. Plus, having to hunt down a couple of commercials to spotlight will take up a few hours. What a day, what a day. The good news is that Gilmer is back to work today. Although Gilmer has a set schedule, like myself, he normally works 10-12 hours a day. That's why we make the big bucks. That's what I tell myself. Other than a new bed, I'm never really home to enjoy any of my earnings. Gilmer's wife is still trying to adjust to the long hours. Don't get me wrong...I'm not a slave driver. He chooses to work the long hours. Sure, there are days that I really need him here for a few extra hours, but I do encourage him to work his schedule and nothing more.

God invented the Blackberry


I received a short e-mail from someone I haven't seen or spoken to in over 20 years. Elizabeth Leeds and I went to Meadowbrook Junior High School together. It's located in East Meadow, New York. I attended 7th grade there. I had a huge crush on her years ago. She's still living on Long Island and runs her own cosmetics & accessories store.

Meadowbrook Junior High School in East Meadow, New York

East Meadow, New York has changed quite a bit. I was floating around Flickr.com and came across a few photographs of how the town has changed. We lived at 9 Atlas Court, which was just around the corner from Modell's Grocery Store. Modell's was recently torn down to make room for a Home Depot. In order to make room for Home Depot, they also tore down Rose's Pizza. They served the best pizza in the world. I would treat my family to Rose's Pizza when we were last in New York (they also have a shop on 31st and 5th Avenue in Manhattan). Yummy.

Modell's Grocery Store Used to be here.

Well, hell...enough screwing around. Time to get back to work. I have a conference call with Autotrader.com in 16 minutes. Talk at ya' later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a slave to my Blackberry and I don't even work...what does that say about me?!?